Where do we want to go, and do we have the right people to get there?
A billion-dollar real estate company sought guidance on its executive succession planning program. They were enjoying financial success, but a recent acquisition had illuminated difficult questions about the company’s strategic direction and whether their current employees were capable of driving future growth.
Working with key stakeholders – owners, employees and investors – we strategized, built and executed a unique integrated framework that took into account four complimentary perspectives on the core challenge of executive succession:
• Market Issues – How will future market conditions influence our performance?
• Strategic Issues – How can we continue to create value for our customers, employees and investors?
• Organizational Issues – How will the business be organized and who are the future leaders?
• Financial Issues – How will executives be compensated through salary, bonus, profit-sharing, and equity participation?
Using FutureSense’s unique framework, we collaborated to:
• Build a new organizational structure;
• Define new and evolving roles;
• Assessed the people; and,
• Implement a new incentive plan
As a result, we identified areas of improvement throughout the organization and addressed developmental opportunities.
The culmination of our work was the creation of a Human Capital Roadmap – a dynamic organizational chart that graphically portrayed executive succession so that the client knew who was in the pipeline for each position.